Thursday, January 10, 2013

I Remember.... Sigh.

I remember back when my goal while grocery shopping was to not pay more for cereal than $1.99, and that was a good-sized box.  I remember when green onions were about 29 cents.  I remember milk being a little over $2.50 or so.  I remember going to the store for a few things, and it costing way less than $50.

Was all this back in the "old days",  you ask?  Like maybe when you were a kid,  you wonder?

No.  That was in 2007.

I remember when  I would wake up in the morning and America  made sense.  I remember when I didn't worry about politics.  I remember when I didn't fear for the future of my children and their children.

When will I again not have these concerns?

Well, I think we will have to WAIT a very long time for that....

No comments:

Post a Comment

A little note from you? Thanks!