Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Sub, Part 1

{I am substitute teaching these days, so I thought it would be fun to share some of the funny things kids say….}


{in a third grade class during an assignment to read “Times for Kids”, which was all about John McCain. They did one on Obama a week or so earlier. This discussion occurred during a “gathering” on the rug }


Kid1 - Mrs, T, who are you voting for?

Mrs, T – I don’t think I will tell you that. It’s not part of my job.

Kid1 – Well, Mrs. D. told us who SHE is voting for.

Mrs. T – Really? Well, that is fascinating. I’m still not going to tell you, but I will say that voting is very important and voters need to study all of the important issues and opinions.

Kid2 – I am voting for McCain. I want to have someone in there that I can trust.


Another school…. 3rd grade….

Kid1 – Who are you voting for?

Kid2 – Obama

Kid 1 – Yea, OBAMA Rocks!!

Kid2 – Yea he totally rocks.

Kids 1 2 3 4 5…..—OBAMA ROCKS! OBAMA ROCKS!


2nd grade….

Mrs. T – Wow, your class has been SO wonderful during our time together. I will be so happy to report that to your teacher.

Kid 1 – Well, I am just going to give you a hug then!

Mrs, T –Great! Thanks!

Kid2 – Yea, so am I!!

Kid1 – Yea, I am going to give you another one!

Mrs T – (said to self) This job isn’t so bad.

2 comments:

  1. Subbing sounds like a fun (& interesting) experience. I actually remember being quite worried about who my teachers might be voting for when I was in elementary.

    PS I can't get your RSS feed to work right, so I keep missing your posts...sorry.

    ReplyDelete

A little note from you? Thanks!