Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Master Bedroom Lamp Love - Or, Like.

I have become a DIY crazy woman lately.  Pinterest is a blessing and a curse - maybe I mentioned that before?  I have only spray painted things a few times, but while redecorating my bedroom, I decided that I really didn't want to spend a lot on lamps for my nightstands right now.  So, Pinterest helped with my plan.

I took a little trip to Goodwill.  I found the ugliest colored lamps possible that would have matched my home in 1985.  True story.  I have photos to prove it.  

Here are the ones I picked out:

3 buckeroos!
Aren't they so lovely?  
I wasn't even sure yet what color to paint them.  Sad, but so very true.  Low and behold, I found my new favorite blogger/designer, which I will spill about in my next post.  I chose aqua.  Oh, how I love aqua.  I primed them and then sprayed away with this lovely blue.


 And, after going to three stores,I found lampshades that don't fit very well, but they will have to do for now:


I love them like them enough for now.   Each lamp cost me about $13.

What else have I done?

You'll have to just WAIT a little while.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

A little note from you? Thanks!