Saturday, January 8, 2011

OK, So There was ONE Christmas Project

So I thought I needed to do at least one new Christmasy, crafty thing this past Christmas season. The ONE project I did do this year was to make these cookies.  I love OUR BEST BITES.  I have used many of their recipes.  I was asked to make fancy cookies for a ward party.  While these may not be "fancy", they were time-consuming and turned out kinda pretty.   I used my own sugar cookie recipe. I used this recipe and tutorial.

I gotta say I didn't love the way the glaze tasted at all, but the affect was lovely. 
The Colors!
The practice ones.  I really wanted to make snowflakes, but I could not get it to work right.
The final looks - what I took to the party.  Eh - they're ok.... :-)

2 comments:

  1. Love the cookies and it looks like a fun trip to florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out so pretty. I've never been very good at decorating my food (or my house for that matter).

    Your Florida trip looked like a fabulously relaxing way to spend the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

A little note from you? Thanks!