Wednesday, November 17, 2010

VayCay in Paradise Part 2

 Can you go to Hawaii without spending at least one day at the beach?  I think not.  We rented an umbrella and chairs, and loved spending the day out in the wonderful ocean air.  Richie read a book on his Kindle, I read my paperback and played Angry Birds on my phone :), and we got in and out of the sun and water.  SOO much fun.


Um.... NO.  No photos of me in my bathing suit.  Just of my feet.  Seriously.

 On Sunday, we went to church and then drove all over the island.  We went to the FAR side where there are cliffs and amazingly huge, windy waves.  We ended up seeing some kite surfers!  What an amazing sport - so exciting to watch. 
  




We ate at some wonderful restaurants in the Waikiki shopping area.  WOW - amazing food.  Here we are at the famous Duke's at the Outrigger Hotel.  That's beach behind us, but it's hard to see....cuz it was nighttime.


Rich had to work during several of the days, so I hung out at the beautiful pools during some of the time.  Ah, the pool, with fun little smoothies and drinks and sun and reading and relaxing.  I haven't done that in years.  I even went to the pool on my last morning there - here are the views from my pool chair.  Mahalo, Pool Chair.  I will miss you.

I feel very blessed to have been able to go on such a wonderful trip with my dear, wonderful, loving and kind husband.  We are rejuvenated and ready to battle and enjoy life's wavy roads.  I hope to go again sometime, but...

I'll have to wait...... a very long time.

2 comments:

  1. Your a lucky lady...glad you had a fabulous time because you totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

A little note from you? Thanks!