Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Safety and Peace

I came across this quote today while reading ahead (shocking, I know) to be prepared for our Sunday School lesson this week.  I like to include that in my scripture study --- when I remember to include it. Ha. Those of us who are LDS believe in living prophets who guide church members through inspiration and communication with God.  I love this quote by President Harold B. Lee, a president and prophet of the church during some years in the 60s and part of the 70s:


“The only safety we have as members of this church is to do exactly what the Lord said to the Church in that day when the Church was organized … There will be some things that take patience and faith. You may not like what comes from the authority of the Church. It may contradict your political views. It may contradict your social views. It may interfere with some of your social life. But if you listen to these things, as if from the mouth of the Lord himself, with patience and faith, the promise is that ‘the gates of hell shall not prevail against you’".

Timely.Powerful. True.

1 comment:

  1. I read your quote several times. As you said....timely, powerful and true.

    ReplyDelete

A little note from you? Thanks!