Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sweet and Crunchy!

Are you needing something crunchy and sweet? LOVE this recipe - anytime I have given this to anyone they want MORE. 'Tis addicting. "Tis the season. LOVE it.


Crunchy Cereal Snack Mix


1 Bag Stick Pretzels
1 Bag Bugles (in the chips aisle - it's now in a bag instead of a box)
12 oz. box of Crispix Cereal (generic works just fine)
1 can mixed nuts (we use just cashews and peanuts because we are "nut" wimps).

Mix all of the above in a large pan or two-
see below.

Then, melt together in a medium sauce pan:

2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup Karo Syrup

Boil for 2 minutes
Pour liquid mixture over cruncy ingredients and stir well. Bake @ 250 for 45 minutes.

Stir every 15 minutes with a spatula from the bottom of the pan-up. This is the most important step--otherwise ingredients will stick together and it will be impossible to remove from pan.

Helpful hint - I have purchased to large foil roaster pans for making this and for caramel popcorn. I keep them in the basement (aka my pantry) and they are the BEST for mixing and for cooking. I tried it the hard way using 4-5 different cookie tins or cake pans. That is a pain. Ponder that.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recipe! Jen made it for my baby shower. My mother-in-law liked it so much, I asked Jen for the recipe. I have passed on this recipe to loads of people who always love it. I even have a few British hooked on it now! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea I guess I should have given Jenn the credit for the recipe, but she never reads this so... haha. I will tell you her you have spread the joy across the pond.

    ReplyDelete

A little note from you? Thanks!